If you’re trying to get healthier, one of the primary areas to address is your diet! What you eat is what you are (really). What you eat fuels your body and provides the nutrients you need — or lack thereof. A healthy, nutrient-dense diet is critical to good health.
If you’re new here, you may have missed some of my older posts on diet. Today I want to reintroduce you to those, so that you can move at your own pace and work to revamp your diet! And of course, if you have questions, feel free to ask. 🙂
Healthy Made Simple
The easiest answer is, if it’s ” real food” — if it comes from a plant or animal that was raised without chemicals, and has been minimally processed — it is healthy. It really is that easy!
If it is man-made, has chemicals in it, has unpronounceable ingredients — it’s not healthy.
And no, you don’t need to worry about all the fat and cholesterol that is in animal products. Those are good for you. Quite necessary for health, actually. So let’s start reading!
Posts on Health and Diet
Here is a list of my older posts that will help you with health and diet:
- Low-Fat Diets are Not Healthy
- Does Calorie Counting Matter in Weight Loss?
- Why Low-Calorie Diets are Not the Answer
- Is Salt Good or Bad?
- Soy, Not a Health Food
- 10 Items You Shouldn’t Buy at the Store
- Healthy Fats: What, Where, and How to Find Them
- Raw Milk: Finding It, Using It and More
- Got Eggs?
In addition, we’ve just launched the new Modern Alternative Kitchen. It’s a great resource for you if you’re confused about diet! Here are several posts addressing healthy ingredients:
- All About Kefir
- Amazing Benefits of Pastured Eggs
- What’s Up with Gluten-Free?
- Ingredient Spotlight: Chia Seeds
- Raw Dairy: A Deliciously Controversial Beverage
- Ingredient Spotlight: Coconut Flour
- GMO’s 101
- Let’s Talk Fat
- Ingredient Spotlight: Blueberries
- Defining Real Food
Wherever you are in your journey, there’s something here for you!
What’s the biggest question or issue you have with health and diet right now?
Family Supplement Plan!
Get our complete family supplement plan (which we take, in what doses, and when), along with our NEW preventative elderberry syrup recipe. Not available on the blog!