Easy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

abykm91 January 23, 2014

As a lover of both peanut butter and chocolate, I strive to find healthy ways to enjoy both!  One day, when I was making some simple peanut butter cookies, I decided to throw some chocolate chips in the batter.  The combination is delicious, and the recipe so simple, I don’t even have to look it up to remember what ingredients to put into it.  Plus, it’s very quick to make, which is handy when I need a treat for the kids (who, by the way, love these cookies too!).

The recipe is made healthy by using organic or natural peanut butter (I’m sure by now you know how toxic conventional peanut butter is!), honey as the sweetener, and Enjoy Life chocolate chips, which are dairy, soy, nut and gluten-free.

What is your favorite gluten-free treat?

[yumprint- recipe id=’10’]

Start Your Healthier Life Ebook!

Start_your_healthier_life_smaller

Ready to get started living a healthier life? This complete, 50-page guide will walk you through the steps, product swaps, recipes, and more that you need to get started today!

Powered by ConvertKit

abykm91

1. […] on over to Modern Alternative Mama for this simple and delicious recipe!  […]

2. We tried these this morning. We had trouble pressing them down with a fork but that didn’t stop us! They were good and we managed to save a few for daddy.

• Rachel- I’m glad you enjoyed them! Depending on the brand of natural peanut butter you’re using, the texture can vary. Tips to try include putting the dough in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes (if you can be that patient!) before rolling out and mashing the balls, or you can try wetting the fork as you press.

I’ll update the post to reflect these suggestions! Thanks for the reminder.

3. […] Easy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe @ Modern Alternative Mama […]

4. […] just the raisin bread that isn’t too hot. I’m looking forward to trying these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies this […]

5. I was wondering how many cookies this recipe makes? Thanks for your help and this wonderful recipe!

6. I just made this recipe and they are amazing!!

7. Has anyone tried this with nut butter (like almond) instead of peanut butter? I generally avoid legumes, so was wondering if it translates well or not. Since it’s a treat anyway, I might just make an exception every so often for peanut butter, but figured I would ask in case I can avoid it. Thanks! These sound delicious and are so simple!

8. Absolutely! You can use pretty much any nut or seed butter. Almond and sunflower seed butters are good options.

9. Where is the recipe for the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies? I can’t find it her or on your link.They sounds so good I just have to try them.

10. There is no recipe included with these cookies. I made them in the past and they were so good and now I’m just going to have to go and guess what the equivalents were because I’m craving them. PLEASE post the recipe. 🙂