Top 10 Reasons to Eat Real Food
**This post has been entered in Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop!**
Today, if you are a loyal reader and subscriber (that is, you were a subscriber BEFORE you read this post), leave me a comment with your favorite reason to eat real food (doesn’t have to be one of mine) for an extra entry in the Excalibur Dehydrator Giveaway!!
Why do we eat real food? Why should anyone else eat real food? It can be hard to convince people who are skeptical that real food is really worth it. But believe me, it is! Here are my top 10 reasons (with some help from my friends) why you should eat real food!
- It’s really fresh: real food isn’t processed or packaged, it comes to you fresh and full of excellent nutrients!
- It’s chemical-free!: real food isn’t grown with commercial pesticides or fertilizers (generally), and it definitely isn’t full of food additivies like MSG and HFCS, so it’s much safer to eat!
- It’s not hard to make: real food doesn’t take much longer than heating up processed foods in many cases; and even when it does it is still easy! Just think simple, not gourmet (unless you really want to). For more on this, check Facebook for a cool announcement!
- It makes you feel better: Hands-down, real food just makes you feel great. It’s that lack of food additives and other junk, and all those extra nutrients. You’ll feel healthy and energetic like you never knew you could!
- Lose weight naturally: Yes, eating real food can have the side benefit of helping you to lose weight, all while eating plenty of butter, bacon, cheese, ice cream and other rich foods. Again, see my announcement on Facebook for more!
- It can heal illnesses and conditions (according to people who have experienced it!): I’ve talked to so many people who’ve told me that by switching to real food, their cholesterol has gone down, their ADHD has gone away, their allergies have improved or disappeared, their PCOS has improved, hypothyroidism has nearly healed itself, and much more! Real food provides real nutrition, which enables your body to heal itself!
- People with allergies can eat it: A lot of people are “lactose intolerant” or “gluten intolerant” these days, but when they eat real food (raw milk and sprouted grains) they are able to eat food again without all kinds of modifications or avoidances. Real food is recognized by the body and doesn’t cause the same issues that processed versions do.
- No (or little) need for medication: If your body is healing itself, then you won’t be needing your medication anymore! Many have gotten off diabetes, PCOS, blood pressure and other medications by eating real food. Since the average number of medications adults over 40 are on is around 13 (yes…really!), this is huge!
- Less expensive (especially considering you’ll need less health care!): If you are buying the least expensive cuts of meat, seasonal produce, and bulk grains, you may actually spend less on food than buying packaged foods! And when you factor in all that health care and medication you’re not needing, your costs are much lower.
- It tastes better: Hands down the best reason to eat real food is that it just tastes better! It really does. You’ll taste flavors you never knew you could, and enjoy food in a way you didn’t know was possible! Many people of all ages find that their pickiness disappears when they begin eating real food (this works on toddlers too!) because it just tastes so good!
What are your reasons for eating real food?
Like what you've read? Subscribe so you never miss a post! You can also follow us on Facebook or Pinterest. Thanks for reading!