By: Erin Odom, Contributing Writer
The holiday season has officially begun and baking of all kinds of delicious treats has commenced as well. But you don’t have to be a master baker to make yummy candies for your family. Who says making holiday truffles has to be hard work?
Chock full of seasonal cranberries and rolled in “snowy” cononut, these super easy raw peanut butter truffles are sure to please your guests–and save you time in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup natural (or homemade) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup chopped coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Combine peanut butter, honey, 1/2 cup coconut and dried cranberries. Place in fridge to harden for one hour.
2. Once hardened, scoop out teaspoon-sized portions and roll into balls.
3. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
4. Let balls harden in fridge for another hour–if you can wait that long!
These truffles are so easy that even the newest of real foodies (like myself!) won’t find making them a chore.
This recipe is one of 22 holiday treats recipes in Healthy Holidays: Slightly-Indulgent Sweet Treats, a free eBook some other blogging friends and myself put together for our RSS/e-mail subscribers! Check out my blog, here, to find out how to get your own free copy!