Recipe Collection: Pasta Salad
**Today is the LAST day to subscribe if you want to take advantage of the $$ off Real Food Basics! I’m offering $1 off for every 100 new subscribers since the end of May, and the discount code goes ONLY to the subscribers! Sign up today and you’ll get the code tomorrow!**
I admit, I do love pasta salad from time to time, and the summer always seems to make me want some. If you’re grain-free, you could try this with the same dressing over chopped fresh veggies (squash, peppers, etc.) instead!
- 8 oz. pasta (I chose organic brown rice pasta) or 2 c. chopped veggies
- 2 tbsp. raw red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. sundried tomatoes (packed in olive oil), chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and allow to cool. In a large glass bowl, mix the other ingredients together. Add the pasta and toss until well-coated. Allow to chill in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
If you like, try adding one or more of the following:
- 1/2 c. black olives
- 1/2 c. mozzarella or other favorite cheese, cubed
- 1/2 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c. nitrate-free pepperoni, chopped
Or whatever else you like! The dish comes alive with creativity and becomes a whole meal in itself. Don’t be afraid to add a little extra olive oil if you want to, or extra crushed garlic. It’s delicious and healthy! (And the dressing does go well on a green salad too.)
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe so you never miss a post! You can also follow us on Facebook or Pinterest. Thanks for reading!