Image by Petit Elefant
Confession 1: I like soft hands and feet. But I also like playing the guitar and hiking barefoot, neither of which encourage soft hands or feet.
Confession 2: I do not like to buy expensive beauty products, even though I like looking expensively beautiful.
So how’s a budget-conscious, natural girl supposed to exfoliate? With a sugar scrub, that’s how.
Why Use a Sugar Scrub?
- To remove dead skin cells
- To achieve your beauty goals sans chemicals
- To get soft hands, feet, and anywhere else you are using it
- To eat as a treat (just kidding…kind of)
The Easy-Peasy Two-Ingredient Sugar Scrub Exfoliator
- 1 c sugar (I use Turbinado)
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- Essential oils, optional (I use orange, but many prefer vanilla)
Instructions: Wash and dry hands. Mix ingredients. Use.
How to Use Your Sugar Scrub
- Wash body
- Massage into skin
- Rinse with warm water
You can make it more complicated by using different sugars and oils, but I’m a minimalist. Two ingredients, three steps to make, two steps to use. And my hands and feet hardly look like they get abused all day.