This is a guest post by Amanda of Natural Living Mamma. In the months of March and April, we are hosting several guest posts so that MAM can enjoy her new baby.
We all want smooth supple skin without the chemical junk you find in stores, but those natural body butters at the farmers market are expensive! Making your own body butter is a breeze with these simple step by step instructions.
This butter is simply elegant smelling delightfully of cocoa and leaving the skin smooth, supple, and radiant. Using cocoa butter instead of shea and excluding essential oils this body butter is great for those with sensitive skin, health problems, and chemical sensitivities.
- 1 C Coca Butter
- ½ C Coconut Oil
- ½ C Herb infused olive oil (I like chamomile and calendula) or any other liquid carrier oil
- Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil together using the double boiler method in a large Pyrex bowl.
- Once they are completely melted remove from heat and place in the bowl you will be using to mix your body butter. This can be the bowl to your mixer or they can stay in the large pyrex bowl if you are using a hand mixer.
- Add olive oil and let set until cool and just starting to solidify. In the winter letting it set out side is the fastest way for it to cool down. If you are using a hand mixer with a whisk like I am do not let it solidify completely. Start to mix as soon as a layer forms on the side of the bowl. If using a stand mixer or hand beaters you can wait until it is cooled almost solid.
- Beet the oil mixture until it turns white and forms soft peaks.
- Put the butter into a container of your choice and enjoy the luxurious moisturizing power of this great body butter!
This recipe makes enough to fill about 2 8oz containers.