10 Reasons Clay Should Be In Every Mama’s Cupboard

10 Reasons Clay Should Be in Every Mama's Cupboard

By Kresha Faber, Contributing Writer

This post contains affiliate links.

So let me state for the record that I am officially crackers. I let my kids eat dirt.

And not only that, I make sure they eat dirt.

Okay, okay – it’s not just any dirt, although I will argue that eating dirt while they play can actually be quite a healthy thing, the dirt to which I am referring is mineral-rich clay. And not just any clay at that, but bentonite clay, a clay known for its excellent ability to detox heavy metals from the body and promote healing both internally and externally.

It’s known as “the clay of a thousand uses,” but as a mother of three young children, I find it especially handy for ten specific reasons.

1. Detox

No matter how healthily we eat or how healthily we feed our children, our bodies have to deal with a lot of junk. Environmental toxins exist all around us – and all we can do is minimize our exposure.

While our livers, kidneys, and lymphatic systems are still working hard to move those toxins out of our systems, they’re often overwhelmed, so the toxins get stored around the body, causing weakness, lack of energy, feeling foggy, and the inability to lose weight. Thus, we need a way to flush those toxins and usher them safely out of our body.

Clay works wonderfully for this because the small particles of clay are electrically charged and act both as a sponge and a magnet, pulling heavy metal particles to themselves and holding on to them as they leave the body.

See Kate’s detox method and how she uses clay, even as an exclusively-breastfeeding mama.

Buy powdered clay here.

2. Prevent heavy metal residue

We are surrounded these days by warnings not to eat mercury-laden fish. However, this also presents us with a dilemma because most of those fish are also rich sources of the omega-3 fats that our bodies so desperately need, but mercury is a dangerous neurotoxin, as well as children’s behavior can be affected by heavy metals left in their bodies. Pregnant women, especially, need to be very aware of their mercury intake.

So, how can we eat beneficial fish without the toxic effect of the mercury? We eat it with a chelator, namely clay or chlorella! I’ve taken to adding a tablespoon of bentonite clay along with the mayonnaise when I make tuna fish salad, and since our clay is very fine, no one has noticed any difference in texture. You can also take clay capsules along with your meal or add chlorella to a smoothie.

3. Heal and protect baby bums

Clay is also excellent to heal skin, especially sensitive skin, like a baby’s bottom. When clay is dry, it is hydrophilic – water-loving. Therefore, it draws moisture to itself. In the case of a baby’s bum, this gives wonderful relief for an already-existent rash or helps prevent rashes in the first place, especially on babies that have lovely rolls of baby fat and lots of folds where moisture can get trapped.

Clay can be used as a baby powder just by sprinkling a bit of clay onto the bum or can be mixed into a homemade diaper cream to provide drying action in addition to a moisture barrier.

Buy hydrated clay here.

4. Stop itching and stinging from bug bites and bee stings

Summertime = bug bites. And bug bites are itchy.

Clay both soothes and draws out impurities, which is why even commercial calamine lotions use clay in their formulas! Of course, you can make your own homemade calamine lotion, too, or just mix clay powder and water into a poultice to smear on the itchy spots. Redmond Clay also has a ready-mixed tube of clay if you don’t want to take the time to mix your own. (And no, that’s not an affiliate link – we just love Redmond Clay!)

And when a child gets a bee sting, smear a bit of hydrated clay on the sting and let it dry – the drying action will pull out any remaining bee venom and help the wound heal more quickly. Or you can mix it with activated charcoal and make a drawing salve that works nicely.

Buy hydrated clay here.

5. Clean teeth

Clay gentles polishes teeth and is an effective, mineral-rich, alkaline dental cleanser. It’s also a great flouride-free toothpaste, whether you purchase a commercial clay toothpaste or make your own. It’s also an important ingredient in remineralizing tooth powder.

I especially like using clay toothpaste with my young children who are just learning to brush their teeth, as I don’t have to worry about them swallowing the toothpaste. If they swallow clay toothpaste, it’s actually beneficial!

Buy Earthpaste here.

6. Heal itching from nettles, chicken pox, eczema, etc.

Adding clay to a bath is a great way to reduce itching, just as oatmeal or baking soda does. The difference is that the clay will actually draw out any substances that are causing the itch in addition to providing a soothing feeling. Just be careful to not add too much clay or you can trigger a systemic detox, which can lead to headaches, irritability, and other unwanted side effects, especially in children. About 1/4 – 1/2 cup of clay in a warm bath should be just about right.

Read how to take a detox bath.

Buy powdered clay here.

7. Relieve and heal burns

Clay soothes and promotes healing for minor burns, as well, which for children can be especially welcome. In this case there aren’t toxins to draw out, per se, so keep the clay wet to maximize the soothing effect. Merely smear a thick layer of hydrated clay over the burn and wrap it with plastic wrap, gauze, or cheesecloth to keep it from drying out.

Buy hydrated clay here.

8. Relieve diarrhea and sore tummies (including morning sickness and acid reflux during pregnancy!)

Clay can restore balance in a number of ways to an upset stomach or GI tract. It can help diarrhea and constipation become more “regular” (except in cases of severe constipation), it can ease little tummies that are complained of being “owwie,” and it is an excellent digestive aid for stomach issues, such as ulcers, nausea, and acid reflux. We even use it with our daughter, who is prone to car sickness. And in small doses, it’s good for pregnant women who want to alleviate morning sickness, avoid acid reflux, and safely deal with other illness. (Oh, joy of joys!)

This is especially good when a toddler is fighting a stomach bug and you’re fearing dehydration due to the inability to keep any liquid down – it is quite possible that by slowly giving small amounts of clay, the stomach and gut can experience a bit of relief long enough to take in water or other sustenance.

Dr. Weston A. Price, in his book “Nutrition and Physical Degeneration” reported that several native cultures, including those in the Andes, Central Africa, and Australia, consumed clays in various ways, most often carrying balls of dried clay with them as they traveled and dissolving a small amount of the clay in water with meals to prevent poisoning from any toxins present.

And just to illustrate clay’s effective properties when dealing with stomach bugs and infectious disease, there is even anecdotal evidence that clay was used to treat cholera and the Plague.

Buy clay capsules here.

9. Protect from infection on cuts and scrapes (and clear internal infections, like mastitis)

Every mama wants to have something quick and easy to apply to the cuts and scrapes that inevitably come with a child who is living life to the fullest (that is, who is outside exploring, discovering, and playing to the max). A well-stocked natural first aid kit is a blessing!

Applying a thick smear of hydrated clay over cuts and scrapes will help prevent infection, thus promoting quicker healing as well. Just keep it covered, both to protect the wound and to keep it from drying out.

And due to clay’s ability to draw toxins out, it’s also an excellent home remedy for mastitis, where the breastmilk needs to be drawn out of the inflamed area. Merely mix clay and water to create a thick poultice and apply as needed every 1-2 hours until the infection is gone. In this case, you want to let the clay dry, as that is what creates the “pulling” action.

Buy hydrated clay here.

10. Beauty treatment

We mamas are often well aware of how our bodies show the proud signs of age, childbearing, and breastfeeding, so anything we can do to “feel pretty” is much treasured. Here are a few ways I like to use clay in this regard:

Using a clay facial mask will soften skin, draw out impurities (like blackheads), and smooth wrinkles.

Clay can smooth skin and reduce itching after shaving. Just rub dry clay over the shaved area.

Clay detoxifies the scalp for lustrous hair. Just mix clay and water into a thick paste and rub vigorously into the scalp. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse well. Repeat at least once a week.

And you can even use it in homemade make-up!

Buy powdered clay here.

What’s your favorite way to use clay?

herbal card

Want to learn more about herbal remedies?  Get a set of 10 printables FREE — click here to find out how.

Comments

• says

Redmond Clay and Mountain Rose Herbs are two reputable brands. Personally, I use Redmond Clay both dry and hydrated and I’ve had great experiences. I haven’t tried Mountain Rose Herbs’ clay, but they’re certainly a reputable company and I’ve heard good reviews. (It also appears that while Redmond Clay may be taken internally, MRH clays are for external use only – you’d have to verify that with them directly if you have any concerns.)

I hope that helps! :-)

• Kellie says

Question: I was reading on Redmond Clay it says that it is both Sodium and a Calcium Mix. I thought you were only supposed to ingest Calcium Bentonite? Sodium was more for external use? Which makes me really confused because Aztec Bentonite Clay is Calcium Bentonite Clay and its says on the label for external use only?

Hi Kellie,

I think that most places label it for ‘external use only’ mostly as a CYA effort. I have used Redmond Clay internally and externally without any issues, personally, and so do many of the peopine in the Redmond company.

1. Letitia says

Hi! Would this be similar to using activated charcoal to bind and remove toxins? I read that the risk of charcoal was that it rids the body of everything – nutrients included – so you should take it3-4 hours before or after food. Would that be the same with the clay?

• says

Yes, in that regard it would be similar, so it shouldn’t be taken in conjunction with other medications. However, various cultures have eaten the clay right with the food, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it binding with nutrients in their natural, bio-available form. I can’t confirm that for synthetic nutrients, however, so if you’re taking a multi-vitamin or other supplement, I would space them out.

2. says

Thanks for this! I’ve been doing alternative health and detox stuff for years, but somehow I’ve never gotten around to checking into clay. Weird.

3. Would this be similar to taking food grade diatomacious earth? says

Would this be similar to taking food grade diatomacious earth?

• says

Similar, yes, but bentonite clay and diatomaceous earth do function slightly differently, if I understand the research correctly. Perhaps others can jump in with their insights as well.

Bentonite clay does detox a body due to its negative charge, but it’s also rich in minerals that it deposits in the body.

Diatomaceous earth, on the other hand, has a stronger negative charge, thus having a stronger detox effect, but doesn’t provide the body with the same supplementary minerals.

Can someone else weigh in on this?

• TJ Armstrong says

There are varying sources of bentonite clay which allows for the variation in product color and content. The only real issue is to get “food grade” quality for ingestion. It has a multitude of real world applications that are not concerned with additional content, so be sure to check for that. The trace minerals are extremely beneficial in supplementing and replacing several that are no longer available in our normal food supply today and yes, it should be taken three hours after supper, ideally, so it can work through the night without interfering with medications or vitamins from food intake.

Diatomaceous earth, also should be clearly checked for FOOD GRADE quality for human and animal consumption. It is a great wormer for pets and livestock also by the way, knew you’d love that. It is the fossilized remains of seaweed with a very sharply crystalline form whose very tiny sharp edges also scrape the lining of the digestive tract to remove old build up or parasites and move them through as well as detoxing to a degree. It is primarily used otherwise for pest control quite frequently as it is safe to apply directly to skin on humans and animals, as well as the garden bed, and it cuts the shell-like casing of insects. It is a great powder to use on pets for flea control or on the most delicate of plants that have any insect problems.

I use both in my household and there is a great deal of research available for each. They are terrific organic treatments. Bentonite clay binds trace toxins as it swells and carries them away from your body. Diatomaceous earth removes all parasitic problems and scrapes away bacterial deposits to carry them out of the body as well. Start small with both, no more than a teaspoon for an adult and a quarter teaspoon for a child as the body gets used to the treatments, gradually building up to double that amount for both according to most of what I have researched. Does that clarify the difference a bit? Hope so.

• R. Andrusek says

Just a minor correction that has nothing to do with the properties of diatomaceous earth. It isn’t the fossilized remains of seaweed, but actually the silica skeletons of one-celled animal plankton called diatoms. When they die, their minute skeletons fall to the bottom of the ocean and collect as a layer of mud. When it’s dredged and dried, you get “diatomaceous earth”, which is essentially the equivalent of bazillions of microscopic shards of glass, but to us feels like a fine powder.

• Dana says

My husband and I are wondering if diatomaceous earth is dangerous to the lungs, if it is inhaled. Seems like it would be…

Dana,

From what I understand, there’s a difference between breathing food grade and filter grade diatomaceous earth. Filter grade DE has a much higher concentration of silica, so it can be much more irritating to all your mucous membranes and your lungs to breathe it in, while food grade is much lower in crystalline silica and more like any other dusty product – take care with it and if you’re going to be exposed to it in powdered form for a considerable amount of time, wear a dust mask. So, if you’re just keeping food grade diatomaceous earth around for ingesting, I wouldn’t worry too much about accidental inhalation.

• haley says

i have been scouring the web in regards to a detox that mixes both bentonite clay and diatomaceous earth together. does anyone know if this is safe? i have read that some people do and another site said that they shouldn’t be mixed.

4. Ariana says

Hi there! Could you list the names of any books/websites you might’ve used as resources for this article? I’m especially interested in finding out more information about how clay can remove/prevent heavy metal toxins in the body. Thanks so much!

Hi, Ariana!

The list of sources is quite long, so I’ve purposely hyperlinked a number of the most helpful sources directly in the article. Just click on any link to be taken to the article that discusses each particular topic.

As for clay binding up heavy metals, Dr. Mercola has a number of articles about detoxing mercury and other heavy metals and mentions clay in a number of articles. (http://www.mercola.com) Also, if you’re not finding what you’re looking for in google searches, perhaps try some other search terms, such as “chelation therapy,” or restrict your search to the Google Scholar search engine – you’ll get published results from medical journals and other scientific bodies of research.

Many blessings in your research!

5. Cindy Green says

I have an infection in one of my molars….what can I put on it to draw it out. I have been putting tree tea oil and my homemade clove oil on it for the pain. What else can I do?

• Farrah says

I’ve heard of people using coconut oil for healing cavities…? Haven’t used it myself. May help healing once the infection is gone.

6. Erin says

My girlfriend recently had viral pinkeye. We were driving to Florida from Texas on vacation when it started spreading to the other eye. I have used clay for years and absolutley can attest to its many, many amazing qualities, but this story takes the cake.
    We stopped in baton Rouge at the Whole Foods there and bought some Aztec Healing Clay. When we got to the hotel in Mobile, I made a clay rinse that she used to flush her eyes out with. It was absolutely incredible the oohey, gooey, gunky, nasty crap that immediately started coming out of her eyes. It wa incredible! The next morning they were’nt so badly crusty and closed up. We did another treatment and her eyes looked SO much better. We did another treatment that night and her eyes, after, looked completely normal.
    We had succombed to her having viral pinkeye for the entire vacation, but yet again, clay saved the day.

7. Angela says

Hi! Could you please tell me how to make a clay rinse for eyes? Or point me in the right direction?
    I assume you use water with it? Doesn’t it need to be sterile? I often have dry, irritated eyes and use a sterile solution from the store (that costs a lot!), once a day so I’m really curious about this. Plus I’ve had pink eye and it is horrible.

• says

Making a clay rinse or poultice is as easy as mixing water and clay. Adjust your ratios according to how thick you want it or if you want to use just clay water, mix clay and water very well in a glass, then let it sit until the sediment has settled (usually a few hours) and rinse with just the remaining water.

As for the sterility, as long as you are using a reputable brand, your clay should be safe and not harmful.

I hope that helps!

8. Angela says

Re-hi, I forgot to say, Thank you. I’m feeling poorly from a stomach bug and it’s effecting my brain. ;-)
    Thanks!

9. Kristie says

I just bought some Redmond Clay and it says this under the internal use instructions: “This product contains trace amounts of lead and may not be appropriate for consumption by children or pregnant women.” I wanted to take it internally for detox. What do you make of that? I definitely didn’t want to add heavy metals to my body.

Kristie,

I would check with Redmond directly, but I’m assuming that they put that on there merely as a legal requirement as part of the labeling.

I say that because they themselves have said about taking their clay during pregnancy, “…we know a lot of women who are big fans of Redmond Clay during pregnancy and nursing. It’s a great way to supplement your minerals!” http://www.redmondclay.com/2012/how-to-use-redmond-clay-internally/

In that same link, someone asks in the comments, “Can you tell me if you can get any lead poisoning from drinking clay?” to which they respond: “Only if you add your own lead, Katie! :) Clay is actually used by many heavy metal treatment programs.”

They also have a great little article about the metals in clay: http://www.redmondclay.com/2012/what-about-the-aluminum-in-redmond-clay/ That article talks specifically about aluminum, but the same principle applies to lead as well.

So, again, definitely contact Redmond directly if you have specific concerns, but those are my immediate thoughts. I hope it helps!

• says

Just to note – another commenter farther down the thread mentioned that she called Redmond directly and they confirmed that it was merely for labeling purposes due to a new law and that there is no lead in the clay. :-)

10. says

Kresha, this is such a helpful post! Thank you SO much! I got some clay as a freebie (giveaway) and honestly, it’s still sitting there unopened because I have no idea what to do with it – that was until this wonderful email hit my in-box! I will definitely be sharing this with my social media fans this week. You have so many wonderful, helpful tips. Thanks again for taking the time to share your wisdom with us! Lots of blessings, Kelly

11. Kelly says

Hellol
    What about the clay thatss in my back yard. We are full if it. Beautiful mixer in our soil in back yard. Not for eatting (although my 3 year old and 1 year old sure do eat when we’re in the garden) I want to use it on our bodies?? I would prefer not to buy something that I already have?

What’s your thought

Cheers
    God bless

Kelly Clayton

• says

Well, while I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for ingesting, it’s not a bad idea to try externally, provided you know there aren’t any pesticides or other chemicals in the area. Worst case scenario – it doesn’t have any detox effect and you end up taking an exfoliating mud bath. :-)

Perhaps other readers could chime in with words of wisdom?

12. Nancy says

I am wondering how much clay should be ingested, and at what frequency (for both children and adults)? Do you just drink it with water or some other liquid? Blend it into a smoothie? Just curious how easy this goes down. I have Redmond Clay and love it for homemade toothpaste and other things, but I would love to use it as part of a detox regimen. Thanks!

Nancy,

The recommended amounts are about 1 teaspoon of dry clay for an adult and 1/4 teaspoon for a child per day (or 1 1/2 teaspoons for an adult during a detox), so whether you want to take that all at once or divvy it up through the day is up to you.

And there are as many ways of ingesting it as there are people who take it! :-) Smoothies are a great option, but you can also stir it into water or juice and then either drink the whole glass or let it settle and just drink the “clay water” on the top. You can mix it into applesauce, if you’d prefer, or sprinkle it like salt over your favorite pasta salad. Pretty much any way you can think of will work – it’s usually just texture that’s an issue, so find what works for YOU. :-)

13. Sarah W says

As for taking clay internally – is this something you only do for a certain length of time when you want to detox? or is it something you can take daily? intermittently/sporadically (as the mood strikes, so to speak! LOL) …

And if you are using it to help with an illness/stomach bug – is the dosage the same? (1 tsp for an adult and 1/4 tsp for a child? preferably at night? …that is what I gathered from reading here.

Thanks!
    (First time visiting your blog and I like it!)

Sarah,

You can take clay daily – and in fact, many would recommend that it’s a healthy on-going supplement. And yes, the amounts you listed are the recommended daily amounts – 1 tsp dry clay for an adult and 1/4 tsp for a child. For a detox, you could increase that by 50% or so for a number of days, but the baseline amount is what is recommended for on-going use.

And yes, night-time is recommended, only because there’s less chance of it interfering with other medications and it works best on an empty stomach.

For dealing with stomach illness, yes, I would use the same amounts, provided it can be kept down. If the person has trouble keeping anything in their stomach, perhaps mix up a batch of clay in water, then let it settle so that you’ve got fairly clear “clay water” on the top and let the person sip on that.

Welcome – and the best to you!

14. Katie says

When you mix clay into your mayo for tuna salad, does that absorb the nutrients you’d be getting from the food (by eating the food and clay at the same time)?

This was a great post! Thank you!!

Katie,

No, it doesn’t absorb the nutrients, so there’s no worry. Because bentonite clay molecules hold a strong negative ionic charge, they only attract substances that hold a positive charge, which most toxins and contaminants do, but most nutrients do not.

Thank you for your kind words – I’m glad you found the article helpful! :-)

15. Allison says

If clay capsules are taken daily, should they be taken at night? And how do the toxins leave your body? Are there any negative or unpleasant side effects?

• says

When you take your clay capsules are up to you. Often at night is recommended, merely because the stomach tends to be empty(ish) and it tends to not have other medication, which you want to avoid taking together.

Toxins are released through your urinary and fecal excretions, usually, although if you’re using the clay in a detox bath, for example, some toxins can be released via your sweat as well.

And as for negative side effects, usually there are no unpleasant side effects, but if you take excessive amounts or depending on how much “stuff” there is in your body to pull out, your body may react differently than someone else’s. The most common side effects are headaches, fatigue, nausea, and general lackluster energy, so it can be advantageous to introduce it slowly and see how you like it! :-)

I hope that helps!

16. Joyce Young says

Great article! We love Redmond Clay. My daughter can’t have red dye, but was given some in a treat at our church one day and we came home and I had her drink water with clay and she didn’t have her usual reaction. It was wonderful, because her normal reaction is ugly.

17. Lori says

I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing this article! I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and I was having such horrible morning sickness, I couldn’t get off the couch except to run to the bathroom. Which is not good when I also have a 16-month old daughter to take care of! I tried all sorts of remedies with no success and just as I was about to give up hope that my daughter would ever get fed a decent meal or get a bath ever again (just kidding), I read your article and immediately bought some of this clay. Within an hour of taking it I started feeling better and I have been taking it for about a week now and I feel about 85% better! It’s really been a life-saver, so thank you!!

Also, in response to one of the earlier posts about the lead warning on the Redmond Clay, I called them and asked about it and they said that there product is completely lead free but they have to put that warning on there because of a new law that requires it. Just wanted to let everyone know!

• Kate says

Awesome!! I’m a doula and childbirth educator, and am always getting asked questions about helping alleviate morning sickness. Lori – how much of the clay did you take to help with the morning sickness, and how did you take it? Kresha, do you have any recommendations? Do you think mamas should start taking clay before they get pregnant? Thanks :)

Kate,

From what I’ve read and from personal experience, I would recommend taking 1 teaspoon in a glass of water (or in a capsule) as often as needed to keep nausea at bay, but not exceeding 4 teaspoons in a day. The only time I would recommend to NOT take more clay even before that four teaspoons is reached is if the mama in question begins to have detox symptoms, such as headaches, chills, foul smelling sweat (not BO, a more foul smell), etc. Overall, I think it’s a great way to manage morning sickness and acid reflux, which – personally – has been the greatest bane of all my pregnancies. :-)

And as for taking it before getting pregnant, absolutely. I don’t think it will have any prophylactic effect on nausea, but a detox before trying to conceive or just as a way of keeping the colon clean to maximize nutrient uptake can certainly be very helpful in pre-pregnancy and early pregnancy.

That’s my two cents. I hope it helps! :-)

18. says

I eat the edible clays, the edible clay blends and I Choose the perfect edible clay supplement for my needs. Traditionally, clay supplements are used for detoxification and for trace mineral supplementation and I recommend this useage any day. ;0)

19. Ashley says

Can I use bentonite clay as detox for a 19 month old? I have been recommended chelation/vaccine detox by a homeopathic Dr., but my chiropractor was against it for him. He only had vaccines up to 2 months and then we stopped. But, he isn’t walking or talking yet (although he is very alert, social, and follows directions amazingly) and the homeopathic Dr. thought that there may be “lesions” in my son’s brain… possibly due to vaccine additives?? Anyway, I would like to try the clay if you can give me a protocol for using it for my son. Any other thoughts are welcome as well. Thank you!

• says

I have used clay with toddlers that age before. You can try adding 1/2 c. to a warm bath. You might also look into probiotics and possibly the GAPS diet. Search for “Rebekah’s Story” on here to read about my daughter, who didn’t talk (but was otherwise social and understood us well, like your son) at that age and how we helped her.

• Julie H says

My son was like that, too. He had intensive surgery a week after birth and at 10 months, so maybe that was part of it. We’ve tried everything and for us, I cannot say that anything worked. He is 8 now, speaks fine, walks, jumps, runs–whatever he wishes that doesn’t take fine coordination. Be sure to seek “early intervention” services to help development (my son got this before preschool and now in school he gets OT, PT, speech, reading, and writing help–he’s fine, but always “behind”), love your boy just the way he is, try to relax a little if you’re not already.
      I am very suspect of a homeopath who suggests vaccinations caused lesions in your child’s brain! My son has had an MRI in all this and there are no physiological abnormalities. Don’t take someone’s word on that. I have an strong science background and majored in (and still edit books on) neuroscience. I’d be happy to discuss this in great detail with you.

Hi Eileen,

I know very little about Zeolite. I think it is sort of similar, but I am not sure. Bentonite clay is a type of clay found in the montmorillonite family of clays — not sure what Zeolite is?

20. Mag says

Thank you for the post and the comments! I just came across large quantities of food grade diatomaceous earth at my local pharmacy but they don’t carry bentonite clay (it can be ordered in however). I am looking for ways to deal with my 5 year olds nasty molluscum contagiosum on her upper legs. It is starting to slowly spread to other areas and my other 2 children now have a bump or two on their legs. I have used urine therapy (seriously!) on a nasty wound on my own leg and it is almost cleared up within a week (nothing else was working and it was getting worse), so I have started it on her. However I would like to try the clay and earth poultices for the molluscum, as well as planters warts. Praying for results when the doctors say “just wait it out!”

Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to have one big health problem to “solve” rather than a bunch of molehills that add up to a mountain…

21. says

I just purchased some clay and I can’t wait to try it out! I knew it would be good for something but wasn’t quite sure yet…Thanks for you post!

22. Art Martin says

Start off slow and gradually build up to what you feel is right for you. I do this every night. In my blender 8 to 12 ounces distilled water that I re-mineralize with organic ionic minerals. 1 heaping teaspoon bentonite clay. Mix gently for 2 seconds. Let stand while I go brush my teeth. Add to the blender 2 HEAPING tbs diatomaceous earth, 1/2 tea EDTA disodium, 1/4 tea malic acid. Blend on low a couple seconds and while running add 2 HEAPING tbs whole psyllium husks and drink down immediately. Drink an additional glass of water. Go to bed. In the morning you will have 2 to 3 of the most beautiful bowel movements you’ve ever experienced shoot out of you with extreme rapidity and ease, all before you even leave the house. Probably a couple more before lunch. No diarrhea, no constipation, no more worms, no more parasites, and peace of mind knowing you’re removing aluminum from your brain and heavy metals from every where. Also you will feel lighter and cleaner.

23. Janice Jacobson says

I use Calcium Bentonite Clay from Global Light Networks. they have many other beneficial products also. Perry Aldredge (sp) has written a book on clay and is very informed on clay

Trackbacks

1. [...] 7. Clay: Clay is a great home remedy for skin irritations, bug/bee stings, as well as burns. It’s also good to have on hand for upset tummies. Clay can be used as a face mask and you can use clay to make your own toothpaste as well. See this post for lots of great info on clay. [...]